The Summer I Became a Nerd

The Summer I Became a Nerd - Leah Rae Miller Comtemporary fiction has become my new obsessions these past few months. It started with Pushing the Limits at the beginning of the year. This then lead on to other novels within the genre, which then lead to The Summer I Became a Nerd.

The Summer I Became a Nerd is the story of Maddie, a popular, fashionable, outgoing girl. Underneath the exterior though, Maddie’s a nerd. She loves comic books, conventions and roleplay, but since an incident a few years back, she’s hidden behind the popular girl exterior. Well, until she meets Logan.

With Logan, Maddie begins to accept that he likes her for who she is. The thing is, can her frinds accept her? More importantly, can Maddie accept who she truly is?

The Summer I Became a Nerd was one of those reads that I flew through, devouring page after page. I loved the chemistry between the two main characters, but I mostly appreciated that Maddie was scared of showing who she truly was. I really connected with that, mainly due to the fact that I had issues about who I was back in highschool.

Overall, a fun and quirky read, that’s just right for those long summer days and endless reading hours.