SPOILER ALERT!

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy  - Ally Carter Cammie Morgan may have a genius IQ and attend the best school in the country, but as she starts the spring semester of her sophomore year there are a lot of things she doesn't know. Like will her ex-boyfriend even remember she exists? And how much trouble did she really get in last semester? And, most of all, exactly why is her mother acting so strangely?

All Cammie wants is a nice, normal semester, but she's about to learn her greatest lesson yet—that when you go to a school for spies, nothing is ever as it seems.

Last year, I read I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You, which is the first in the Gallagher Girls series of books by author Ally Carter. If you read my review, you will find that it really did not catch my attention and I had no desire to pick up the others in the series.

However, on a recent visit to the library, I spied a copy of the second book within the shelves and decided to check it out. If I did not like it... well, it was a library book and I could return it.

The thing is the second instalment Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy caught my attention. It sucked me in to the plotline and the characters much more then the first book had. In addition, yes, unlike the first book, it actually had a plotline! Which was nice.

Not to mention the characters seem to have grown on me. Not so much Cammie. I am still not her biggest fan. However, I totally love Bex and Macey. They are both action girls. I just wish Macey were more recognised for what she does. Oh, and then there is Zach. I prefer him to Cammie’s last *interest* Josh. He is more her type and he is so mysterious! Love that about him.

Now I need to get my hands on the third book... and the fourth. And... Well, you get the picture right?