SPOILER ALERT!

My Soul to Save

My Soul to Save - Rachel Vincent When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can't possibly understand.

Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk….

My Soul to Save is the second book in the Soul Screamers series. Like its predecessor (My Soul to Take) the second instalment of this series is face paced and energetic and as a reader, you are thrown head first into the action from the first page.

In this instalment of the Soul Screamers books, Kaylee, our main character, and her boyfriend Nash are roped in by Nash’s reaper brother Tod (awesome character with amazing, witty one liners!) to help save his ex-love interest, who has sold her soul to a demon.
This sets off a series of events (which include lying, curfew violations etc) to try and save the souls of two young people before they die.

Once again, Vincent has written this novel superbly. Even though it didn’t fully have me on tender hooks, the plotline still had me glued to the page, desperately wanting to know what happened next.
As for the characters, Kaylee is still as clever and down to earth as she was in My Soul to Take. However, as a character she has grown immensely and matured.

This cannot be said of her love interest Nash however. In the first instalment, I rather liked him. He was quite adventurous and charming. Not now. Okay, so maybe he is still charming, but in my eyes, he’s lost his sense of adventure. It’s been replaced by over protectiveness and he has NO HUMOUR whatsoever.

The humour in this novel comes from grim reaper Tod. HE’S AWESOME. Throughout this book, he just “appears” and steals every scene in which is a part of, mainly due to one liners and snarky comments he makes about his brother. Yeah, like I said, he’s awesome.

All in all, My Soul to Save is a great second instalment to the Soul Screamers series. A must read for anyone who has read and enjoyed the previous novel.