Slide

Slide - Jill Hathaway Vee Bell is certain of one irrefutable truth—her sister’s friend Sophie didn’t kill herself. She was murdered.

Vee knows this because she was there. Everyone believes Vee is narcoleptic, but she doesn’t actually fall asleep during these episodes: When she passes out, she slides into somebody else’s mind and experiences the world through that person’s eyes. She’s slid into her sister as she cheated on a math test, into a teacher sneaking a drink before class. She learned the worst about a supposed “friend” when she slid into her during a school dance. But nothing could have prepared Vee for what happens one October night when she slides into the mind of someone holding a bloody knife, standing over Sophie’s slashed body.

Vee desperately wishes she could share her secret, but who would believe her? It sounds so crazy that she can’t bring herself to tell her best friend, Rollins, let alone the police. Even if she could confide in Rollins, he has been acting off lately, more distant, especially now that she’s been spending more time with Zane.

Enmeshed in a terrifying web of secrets, lies, and danger and with no one to turn to, Vee must find a way to unmask the killer before he or she strikes again.

Slide by Jill Hathaway had me hooked from the beginning with its action packed plot with its many twists and turns. It sucked me in to the point where I was desperate to know what happened next and couldn't put the book down without thinking about the characters or plot.

For me, Vee was a typical teenager, trying to deal with everyday problems while still mourning the death of her mother. I found the plot realistic and it was nice to have a "down to earth" character rather then one whose head was with the fairies all the time.

As for the supporting characters, Hathaway has used them to mould out the storyline and plant red herrings within her storytelling. Each character had their own path to take within the book, and Hathaway tells every story delicately and within context of the main story itself.

Overall, Jill Hathaway has done a really good job writing this book, in my persoanl opinion. I look forward to reading her other books, especially if they are as fast paced and engaging as her debut novel was!