Saving June

Saving June - Hannah Harrington When her older sister commits suicide and her divorcing parents decide to divide the ashes, Harper Scott takes her sister's urn to the one place June always wanted to go: California. On the road with her best friend, plus an intriguing guy with a mysterious connection to June, Harper discovers truths about her sister, herself and life.

Even before I began reading Saving June, the premise had me hooked.
Hannah Harrington has written Saving June in such a way that the story rolls off your tongue and the deep emotions of the characters feel as if they are your own.

From the beginning of this book, I felt drawn to the main character Harper. Her story connects with me, emotionally and physically, so that I felt I had to keep carrying on reading so I could see her through the dark times – and the light times, that were ahead.

It wasn’t just Harper who I felt connected to though. I also felt connected to Jake. He too, had a connection with June, though one that, in the beginning, was mysterious. However, Jake and Harper’s connection to June also connected them – in more ways than one.

Another big part of Saving June, is the music. Now, to be honest, I know nothing about music. It’s never been my thing. However, the music in this book helps the characters deal with their emotions and in return shows the reader just how much music can affect how you feel about life and how you deal with the highs and lows of life.

Despite the sadness throughout this book, there is also a lot of humour within its pages. It reminded me of the saying “Laughter is the best medicine,”

To sum up all of this, Saving June is a wonderful book, full of raw emotions and people finding themselves – finding peace in life and death.

Oh, one more thing; you may need a tissue box beside you when reading this book.