Divergent  - Veronica Roth Synopsis: Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

Review: I was very apprehensive on beginning Divergent as I am not usually a fan of dystopian novels. However, Divergent outpassed my expectations as I fully enjoyed this debut by Veronica Roth.

Divergent became a book that I had to be torn away from; I was absolutely desperate to know what happened next! The pace of the story is wonderful and all the characters have a unique personality of their own. No sterotypical characters, which pleased me, as I think they have become too common in YA litreature.

The plotlines in Divergent were mesmorizing. I never knew where the story was leading to or where it would end up. It was so nice to be reading a book and not know the storyline by the time you are halfway through.

Thanks to Roth's brilliant story plotting, I am now anticipating her next book Insurgent, due for release in May 2012.