I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You  - Ally Carter Synopsis: The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school—that is, if every school teaches advanced martial arts in PE, chemistry always consists of the latest in chemical warfare, and everyone breaks CIA codes for extra credit in computer class. So in truth, while the Gallagher Academy might say it's a school for geniuses what they really mean is spies. But what happens when a Gallagher Girl falls for a boy who doesn't have a code name?

Cammie Morgan may be fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti), but the Gallagher Academy hasn't prepared her for what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without him ever being the wiser, but can she have a regular relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her? Cammie may be an elite spy in training, but in her sophomore year, she's doing something riskier than ever—she's falling in love.

I had high hopes for Ally Carter and I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. I'd read many glowing reviews about the series in general from many other bloggers and friends. However, unlike many, I didn't really enjoy this novel.

Personally, I found the writing style too simple and the storylines too simplistic. Sure, the book did have it's good bits. Note: I said good bits not large chunks. There was nothing that kept my attention long enough to read only a chapter or two a day and if I did, it was more for the fact I wanted to finish the book so I could move on!

In a nutshell, this story is based on a first romance, nothing more. If you're looking for something that holds your attention longer than ten minutes, this book it not it. I can see why many people like this series, do get me wrong. I'm just not one of them.