The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger Synopsis: The story of Clare and Henry who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder - periodically his genetic clock resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. His disappearances are spontaneous and his experiences are alternately harrowing and amusing.

The Time Travellers Wife is one of the best books I have read and one that I will re-read and revisit at a later date (or several later dates). The love story of Claire and Henry is, in my view, a modern day Romeo and Juliet.

Audrey Niffenegger has written The Time Travellers Wife in such a way that it flows well and is easy to follow, even with the time jumps. The story is one wrapped in emotion, family and heartache, but at its core is the love story of the two protagonists - Claire and Henry.