Insurgent  - Veronica Roth War looms in sixteen-year-old Tris’s dark dystopian world as disputes between the factions grow. Tris must now fight against all odds to discover the truth that can save her and the people she loves. Sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge – and the choices she makes will have devastating and unexpected consequences.

Insurgent begins right from where Divergent ended. This means the action starts straight away, with no backing up for an overview. It also means that as a reader, you are once again sucked in immediately. So, basically, if you cannot remember what happened in Divergent, go back and read it beforehand. (Just my humble advice)

Once again, the main characters Beatrice (Tris) and Tobias (Four) are strong, like minded individuals who are determined and courageous. They are so realistic in how they act towards each other and towards the events that are happening around them. As a reader, I related to them and understood their actions completely.

The pacing of Insurgent is just as action packed and fast going as Divergent was. It had me hooked from the first page, and because there was always something going on, you never wanted to put this book down for even one minute. Once one thing was resolved, another would appear; each situation more desperate then the previous.

Oh, and the supporting characters. They helped flesh out Insurgent even more, mostly because they had much bigger parts to undertake in this second instalment.

So overall, Insurgent is very good. I LOVED it. A lot. Just not sure I loved it enough for a five* rating. That may change though

Edit: It changed. Five stars.