Bloodlines: The Golden Lily

Bloodlines: The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she's been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins who want to throw the Moroi court into civil war. Formerly in disgrace, Sydney is now praised for her loyalty and obedience, and held up as the model of an exemplary Alchemist.

But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age–old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong. Her world becomes even more complicated when magical experiments show Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi—the fiercest vampires, the ones who don't die. But it's her fear of being just that—special, magical, powerful—that scares her more than anything. Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her.

When a shocking secret threatens to tear the vampire world apart, Sydney's loyalties are suddenly tested more than ever before. She wonders how she's supposed to strike a balance between the principles and dogmas she's been taught, and what her instincts are now telling her.

Should she trust the Alchemists—or her heart?

I have always really, totally enjoyed the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. The Golden Lily was just the same... sort of.

Do not get me wrong - it was epic, just like all the other books are. However, I did not enjoy the second book in the Bloodlines series as much as I did the first.

It is not like there was not much going on. There was. Lots of feelings, action, drama and so much more. There were places in the book that I was sat on the edge of my chair, the adrenaline rushing through my veins - but there were also places I wished for more action.

And then we have the love pairing; Sydney and Adrian. They are so lovely together, even though Sydney seems a little niave to the comments and signs Adrian gives her throughout the book. I really hope something major happens with these two soon!

In a little nutshell, the Golden Lily was great, though lacking enough action for my liking. I'm so excited for The Indigo Spell, which is set to release in February 2013. So long to wait!