Mr. Darcy's Great Escape: A tale of the Darcys & the Bingleys (Pride & Prejudice Continues 3) - Marsha Altman Hilarious and action-packed, this installment brings the Darcy and Bingley families to the year 1812 and the intrigues of the Napoleonic Wars. Darcy and Dr. Maddox go in search of Darcy's missing half-brother and land in a medieval prison cell.

Much to his dismay, Charles Bingley is left to hold the fort at Pemberley while his sister Caroline, Elizabeth, and Col. Fitzwilliam traverse Europe on a daring rescue. Meanwhile, Lady Catherine de Bourgh kicks up a truly shocking scandal.

One never knows what might happen next between the estates of Rosings and Pemberley.

Once again, Marsha Altman has created a humorous but flawed continuation of Pride and Prejudice, in my opinion.

The novel itself, like its predesessors does have its plus points, like the background of Brian Maddox, for example. It also has, as stated above, its moments of humourous dialogue.

However, on the whole, the flaws outweigh the plus points for me as a reader. If I am to be truly honest to myself, the author and her novel, I only gave the book three stars because of the parts that kept me reading. The rest of the novel were there in my opinion, to perhaps flesh out the story more and did not really help the plotlines move along.